Monday, June 16, 2014

What do you call an illegally parked frog? Toad                                                        May 26, 2014

Hello hello! 
Another week down, full of well...actually a lot of animals. I have so little motivation to write, but I'll tell a few stories. Sorry.
One night while checking the mail a hacking, skinny, black cat came walking up to me. So naturally we picked it up and brought it home with us. I fed it some tuna and we gave it water. We then realized that the cat that we so lovingly refer to as Bones, was pregnant. Don't worry, she didn't have the kittens. And we only kept her for a couple of days. An investigator was gonna take it, but ended up not being able to. So we just kinda had lock her out of our house. She was so pitiful and I hope bones is doing okay! She was the sweetest. 
Saturday night we left an appointment and there was a giant toad outside of their house; Sister Hibbard thought that it was fake.haha. So naturally I picked it up and then we decided we needed to show the sisters we live with our toad. We were on our bikes so I'm biking while holding the toad with the other hand. And it starts peeing....like not just a few drops. But a lot. An awesome member family saw us biking and stopped in the road to talk to us. So we showed them the frog. Then it hopped out of my hands, and the whole family was out of the car looking for it.haha. It was quite humorous. We were chasing it around, the poor thing. The best part, is I was still wearing my bike helmet for the entire escapade. Sister WIlhelm took some pictures, so she should send them to me by next week and I'll show you. We eventually let it go. The last animal of the week was this tiny, tiny little lizard. Nothing near as exciting as Bones or the toad. 
Friday late afternoon we were called and asked to speak in church on Sunday. So that was just great. Missionaries never actually have time to sit down and write a talk. We're busy. So we wrote it on Sunday morning before church. It was also Todd's first Sunday coming to church! He seemed to enjoy it! He enjoyed it enough to stay all three hours so that was good! We also taught Todd how to quit smoking, so he is now currently a non-smoker. Sometimes I think it's crazy how much we ask people to change, and that they are so willing. All because of the spirit and how the spirit converts them to the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh yeah, my topic was revelation. REVELATION RULES. 
In other news, we met a lady that biked across the entire country, "I started with my back wheel in the pacific and ended with my front wheel in the Atlantic." That was pretty sweet. We did do lots of service and such. Painted, cleaned, moved some people. It was a party. We were trained on family history again. 
We taught Barbara about Repentance and Baptism. She still won't accept a date, but I just know that she will soon! She is so so so so close!! 
We had zone conference this week, so basically an entire day just being trained by President Nattress. He is seriously the sweetest man ever, and so knowledgeable. I wouldn't want to have any other mission president. The theme of the conference was, "Step Out of the Boat." Refering to Peter when he walked on water and how we need to have the faith the step out of the boat. 
This week I have learned a lot about the atonement. The atonement I can't even begin to wrap my head around. But each day I learn something else that the atonement does and how it is here to bless me. I have felt its cleansing power in my life. I know that it enables me to keep going every day,and gives me the strength to write a talk with little notice. I know that we we petition for His help, that he will grant it to us. I dare you to try. I know that Christ lives. And that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is HIS chruch once again established on the Earth again. 
I hope that everyone has had a great week! I love and miss y'all! 
Love, 
Sister Adams


Cinco de Mayo

The Corbitt's


Pinata!!

Missed!!

Dirty Feet


Cute little baby lizard





No comments:

Post a Comment