Monday, June 16, 2014


It's HOT                                    June 2, 2014

I don't if it's after being out a year or what, but sometimes it's so hard to find the motivation to write an email. It's pretty tiring. haha. This week has been oh so good...and oh so hot. It's reached 110, so the heat is finally starting to roll in. Sister Hibbard's face has been bright red all week.ha. 
We did work on the trailer more...and it's starting to really come together!! I forgot my camera but next week I shall show you! This week I really felt that we were exactly where we needed to be at the right time. On Monday where we usually have set appointments they all canceled, but we were able to bike around and talk to some amazing people. And contact a family that isn't active that has a few kids that haven't been baptized! We invited the 12 year old girl to mutual and she came and wants to come every week! Yay! Miracles I tell you. We will start teaching them this week! 
There were just so many instances as we were biking around that people that were prepared were placed in our path. We set up so many return appointments! This week we are so so busy! It's the best! 
We taught Barbara again. Turns out that we found a fellowship that is too perfect. And they talk and talk and talk. They are talking about the gospel, or rather gospel related stories but it's so hard to teach more than like one principle. But Barbara is doing amazing. We're working so hard to get her a date to be baptized. I think that she knows it's real. But is scared to change, since she has been Catholic her whole life. She said the funnies thing about our Relief Society President. She was like, "God Bless her. Every time the woman talks she cries." And on Sunday she spoke for like 2 minutes about visiting teaching and starting crying. Barbara leaned over to me and said, "God Bless Her." She's hilarious. I also learned a new insult from Brother Le Master, "May the smell of 1,000 camels infest your socks." 
We did lots of service and taught lots of lessons and were just busy busy busy. All the while on bikes since we were out of miles in our car. I also went on exchanges with Sister Walker in Florence so that was fun! 
Todd had some huge job he was working on this week, so we weren't able to teach him. But we did visit with him once. He's going through a hard time. He sent us this text last night, "I  am feeling better today. I must have been in your prayers last night, thank you. Also, it was weird, I had a vision last night that Sister Adams was talking to me. I do not remember exactly what she said to me. I just remember her telling me to keep faith and everything will be alright. When I awoke, I felt more positive. Sister Adams, Thank you." So that was a little creepy, but kinda cool at the same time. 
Well, I have to be fast. We're going to an abandoned meth house in the desert as a zone for our P-Day activity. Yes, that's all there is to see out here. But thank you so much for all that you do! Sorry for the lack of pictures, I took a lot. But  I need to remember to bring my camera! I love and miss you! 

Sister Adams


Bones the CAT




No comments:

Post a Comment