Monday, June 16, 2014

LOVE                                      May 19, 2014

Hi Family! 
So this week has just been GO GO GO. Barely had time to sit down or really think for that matter.ha. But it is the best to be busy as a missionary. A non-busy missionary is an unhappy missionary. Especially when that leads to you being out all day in 100 degree weather and nobody answering their door. 
Monday we were able to teach Todd the rest of the Restoration. He had read several chapters of the Book of Mormon which was awesome. And he said that he had to talk to his son about when he can be baptized, because he wants his son to be there. We ate with the Corbitt Family. They feed us at least once a week. And last week we were supposed to have a Cinco de Mayo fiesta but something came up so we had it this week! Homemade pinata and everything! And we got to keep these legit sombreros!! Best day of my life. I've always wanted to own a sombrero. I did get pictures, but I left my camera at a members house so that'll be next week! We also taught the Keeling family about faith, which was a good time. 
Tuesday we received some sad news. Lauren, the psychic, decided that our church wasn't for her. She wasn't able to get past the whole reincarnation isn't a thing. It was really sad. Because she had expressed a desire to be baptized and everything. We think her boyfriend, who wasn't too happy about the whole thing, may have out an end to it. One day she'll join Christ's Church. I have no doubt. Our lesson with Rochelle fell through as well, apparently she was getting her dishwasher fixed? Who knows. But we were able to find a part-member family that isn't in the directory and we're going back to teach them tonight. They have 3 girls that aren't baptized as well! Score. We visited some awesome families after that so it was a day full of many ups and downs. #thelifeofamissionary
Wednesday we got to clean someones house, yipee! And teach Bud and Cathy the Restoration, well attempt to. We only got through like 2 principles. Then Bud had to show all sorts of ceramics and their food storage,etc. They are just too funny. We were supposed to have dinner with a member who hasn't been to church in over 20 years, but nobody answered the door. We also taught Barbara about Faith and gave her the big copy of the Book of Mormon! She was so grateful! I'm so excited for her  to continue to read the Book of Mormon. I know that her answer will come. She is such an awesome lady! We also did, "A Day in the Life of a Sister Missionary" with the young women. We had them ride bikes in skirts, and they also had to teach an "investigator." They had to draw a concern out of a hat and then had a few minutes to plan with their companion what they wanted to teach and then they did it. They did so amazing!! It was a lot of fun. I love working with the youth! 
Thursday we had 7  appointments...and they all went through! Well, except one. And it was my fault. As we were getting out of the car I was thinking, "Wow, we've had 5 appointments already today and nobody has canceled. Then we go and knock on their empty door.ha. Heavenly Father likes to humble me occasionally. But we were able to teach a few investigators. We gave Todd a church tour, and put him on date to be baptized for June 21st. He has to kick smoking and drinking so this'll be fun! He seems really committed though. As we were giving the tour, the stake president happened to be in the building and came and talked to us. Todd told him, "I'm a new member. They recruited me."haha. He WILL be a member soon. We also taught a new investigator Samone. She is a 12 year old girl and stays with a member family during the week. She wants to be baptized and so we're having her talk to her dad to make sure we won't be stepping on any toes. It's crazy how bust we are. We also met with this less active couple, and they are destination wedding photographers. They are amazing! I think their business name was BrushFire or something like that. They are really awesome! My plan is to become great friends with them so that they can shoot my wedding at a discounted price. It's a very righteous reason to help them....right? 
Friday is planning. And we also had this thing called Family Home Afternoon. It's something our mission is starting to do...just for fun I guess. It's where a zone of missionaries goes to one of the senior couples house for a few hours for a short message, games and treats. It was kinda strange. We were all just hanging out in our P-Day clothes playing games...weird. We played this game called headbandz. So you put a word on your head without looking at it and have to ask "yes or no" questions until you figure it out. And everyone kept laughing at the word that I was. So I was really scared. I determined it was in the bathroom...and after asking if I was a shower, sink, toilet, etc. and I wasn't any of them I got even more nervous. So I asked, "Do I smell weird?" That got a laugh. Turns out, I was toilet paper...I did figure it out. We did some more cleaning for a lady later that evening. And her 3 year old had her phone, and without me knowing sent like 5 videos of me to some random guy. Perfect. 
Saturday we worked on the trailer some more. The sheet rock is almost all done, and painting. We determined how to lay the tile and carpet so that will be happening soon. Some elders were helping us with it and I learned something very interesting. There is an entire community of little people in Utah, and it's called HOBBITVILLE. This is not a joke...I don't think. Apparently, it like has guards and the little people are like mean and will shoot you with BB Guns. And they wear spurs...and sacrifice bunnies. It sounds like a pleasant place. It sound insane, I know. But I have had multiple confirmations of it's existence. I'm breaking in when I get back to Utah. 
Sundays are always so long. Plus I wasn't feeling so hot. And I didn't feel like talking to anyone, but that's not really an option as a missionary. We can't even walk 10 feet down the hallway without someone stopping to talk to us. Barbara was able to make it out to church again. And Mandy Morris, this member we've been working with and it's the first time since we've been here that we were able to come to church. Before sacrament meeting started, this little girl, Tatum, came up to me and asked if I would sit by her. So I did. And all through sacrament she was brushing my hair and trying to put it up in different ways. She's adorable. We visit her family pretty frequently. 
It was a good week. I've learned that whenever you try your best to emulate the Savior in all situations that miracles happen. It's when you're able to develop a love for those you are serving and serving with that give you the motivation to help them overcome the struggles they are facing...even if sometimes they can be frustrating. Charity is the pure love of Christ...and that's what I always try and remember....especially when I'm cleaning another persons gross bathroom. All you need is love. CHARITY NEVER FAILETH! 
Love, 
Sister Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment