Monday, June 16, 2014


On a Scale of 1 to 10, I am an 11                        May 5, 2014

I did something bad...I responded to people before writing this email. And I'm now unmotivated to continue typing. Hopefully the amount of pictures will make up for the lack of substance in this email :)
We started teaching a new lady this week. Her name is Lauren and guess what? You guessed it, she's a psychic! But I'm not even kidding. She told me a little about me future. She said that my guy was "earthy." I'm not sure that's a term that I would use to describe Dallan, except for after out mud fight. While holding my scriptures she told me that they had "good energy." And while we were discussing the Book of Mormon she looked at me and said, " This is just the beginning for you. You will be doing this in someway for the rest of your life." Every member a missionary, the psychic even said so.ha. The other things she said was that I was from a small down, that I might work with special needs kids but in the hood, because i'm "loving and compassionate but not afraid of that environment." Needless to say, it was an interesting lesson. She was very receptive and promised she would read 10 minutes from the Book of Mormon each day. SCORE. She also sees dead people, so maybe we'll get to hear about that more this week.ha.
We also are still working on that trailer. Today we got to hang up dry wall. I'm not kidding when I say that I'll be able to build a house when I get back. Have the supplies ready and I'll get to work. Well, except for the plumbing...and electricity...and the floor...and well most of the house. 
We strangely were taken out to eat several times this week. Transfers happened and so it was fun to see everyone. Sister Carroll and I are still hoping we'll get to be companions some day. We did some service for this Pentecostal teenager..and she was getting ready to go to some big youth convention and wanted our help picking out what to wear. So we brought over some of our clothes too. She picked all my clothes. I never knew that sister missionaries and Pentecostal ladies dress the same. Learn something new everyday. #butreally
Friday we had planning meeting and a new missionary meeting in Gilbert. SO that took up pretty much the whole day. We're so far away from Gilbert. It's sad what my concept of far is now. haha. 
We were able to teach a few of our other investigators. One had a concern about exaltation and what all that entails. We were able to resolve most of it, and through reading the Book of Mormon it will all go away. 
We also talked to this toothless guy, Steve. He was way knowledgeable. He knows so much truth, but has so much confused. We are trying to be able to teach him more. He is way nice, but is a chatty Cathy and barely lets us get a word in. Maybe if he wears his teeth next time it'll be harder to talk? 
Sunday we had a few people come to church again, which is exciting but very stressful! And we taught primary. So that was fun! And we bore our testimonies, and everyone after talked about us, not that we're a big deal or anything. And apparently I said "all y'all" while I was bearing my testimony so of course that's all that anyone got out of it. #roughlife
I'm sure lots of other stuff happened to, I just can't remember it at the moment. All in all it was a good week. Today is my 11th birthday, as far a the mission goes. I have been a missionary for 11 months. #craycray  Welp, I'll talk to y'all next week. Literally talk! That'll be great! I hope y'all have a good week! I'm gonna pick up a few things from the prison for y'all today. Thanks for all that you do! Love and miss y'all! 
Sister Adams

Fireside

Trailer we are fixing up

We got work to do!1

Move the dirt!!



Sister Hibbard taking creeper pics of me

Fireside

YUM

Cooking

Making Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment