Monday, June 16, 2014

HI                                                  April 28, 2014

This week has been soooo great! And utterly exhausting, because we did some of the hardest service that we've ever did! But also some amazing teaching experiences as well! 
I am a little on the fritz today since we've been doing service up until coming here, and I forgot to bring my planner, otherwise known as my brain, and my card reader at our house. lame sauce. So this might be a bit short and scatter brained. But that's pretty normal.
Ummm. Let's see. We had such a fun Sunday yesterday. We had 2 investigators come to church! And also an older couple that we've been visiting that haven't came to church since 1968 came to church. Their names are Bud and Cathy. They are hysterical. They fed us breakfast on Saturday morning. And during the sacrament at church Bud was talking SO LOUD, because he's practically deaf. And it was just hilarious. He was asking if their was wine and was pretty bummed to find out that their wasn't. He is soo funny. He told us the other day how the first time he talked to his wife he walked up and told her, "You have the cutest butt I've ever seen." And he saw us this morning doing service, and Sister Hibbard and I were both wearing jeans and he said, "It's nice to see you in your Levi's. Do you remember what I told my wife when I first met her? Just think about that. Y'all both fit in perfectly." Awkward. hahaha
Saturday morning was such a miracle! It actually RAINED! And then part of our zone was asked to go and move 24 tons of dirt, and that's not an exaggeration, into this whole in someones backyard. They have been going to another church for 12 years and they asked everyone to come help them and nobody showed up...so her neighbor who is LDS recruited us to come and help out. The lady we helped was literally in tears. They fed us all lunch. One thing that she said stuck out to me. She said, "You walk your talk." But moving all of that dirt in the pouring rain was quite the task. Needless to say on Sunday morning we were more than a little sore. Not to mention, while the other sisters stopped I couldn't have the elders outdo me. So we would have races filling up wheelbarrows. I would keep up with them. It was pretty entertaining, but my arms felt like noodles! 
Barbara, our investigator, we showed the Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. And the spirit was so strong! She was just in awe as we watched it. When we talked about it and bore our testimonies, she told us how she could tell that we deeply believed it and knew that it was true! And so she'll be baptized when she gets that testimony of it's truthfulness. Which I'm sure will be soon since she is reading the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is just amazing. She came to church on Sunday as well and really loved it once again! Oh happy day!
Renatta, our other investigator, is praying about the day that she should be baptized on. She's finally at a point in her life that she can relax and have time to truly take care of herself and be more spiritual I guess. She has such a big heart. And this morning that's who we were doing service for. We totally gutted this tiny tiny tiny trailer, that currently has no plumbing or air conditioning...literally now all it is is the bare floor and some walls. We ripped all the cabinets and such out. One of the elders confiscated my crow bar from me because I was just hitting everything.haha. It was so much fun! And also a really disgusting house. Not even livable. But we're gonna try and make it nice for her :) At least livable! 
Sunday night we did our "Literal Fireside" and it was great! It could have been better. But it was a lot of fun. We talked about the atonement. And at the beginning had them write down their fears, struggles, weaknesses, temptations, etc. And at the end of it they all burned them. It was pretty cool. I have a picture! So you'll get to see it next week! 
Oh, last Monday we made some cookies with this family before we taught them so that was pretty fun. I decorated the best one, just saying.  We are seriously always busy and it's the best. Transfer calls just came in, so drumroll....Sister Hibbard and I will both be staying another transfer! Yay! There is so much to do in this area! It's crazy! So we're excited to stay! 
In other news....I am doing pretty awesome. Can't really complain about anything. It is just crazy to think that I've been out almost a year. Say what!?! That's insane. It feels like I've only been out here a few months. Except for how tired I am all the time. We did so much physical labor this week, plus I get up every morning at 5:30 to play soccer! Which is so much fun. Ummm. I can't really think of anything else to life changing at the moment. Just thanks for all that you do for me! And I'll see y'all in a couple weeks for Mother's Day! 

Love, 
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment