Monday, June 16, 2014

AWKWARD & ONWARD                                 April 14, 2014

Hello, hello! 
This past week has just absolutely flown by!! It's amazing how fast time flies. Seriously though, it baffles my mind every day to think about how long that I've been out hear. It also got about 98 degrees this week! Sister Hibbard was dying. Sadly, I didn't really find it very hot at all. I am going to FREEZE whenever I do leave Arizona. Yikes.
Last Monday, we got haircuts. FINALLY! My hair hadn't been cut in forever and it was in such a need. Sister Hibbard cut like all of her hair off. I'll send a picture. She is brave! But she couldn't handle her hair with the heat! And so many people this week have thought that I got a new companion.haha. 
Tuesday after district meeting we did some service for a member, Sister Pratt. She needed us to like measure the dimensions of her house? We do the most random things. And we got a new investigator. I think I mentioned Shelbie in my last email. We were able to teach her the Restoration, and she is amazing! But super chatty as well, like way chatty. I guess that's how most 17 year old girls are. So we'll be teaching her again this week. I have a feeling she will be baptized! Knock on wood. 
Wednesday most of our day was consumed with studies and the Easter Pageant. We did contact 2 referrals, none of which were very fruitful. Working at the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple was so much fun! Basically our job was just to talk to everyone and invite them to go into the Visitor Center, and to feel out a comment card. Oh, the life of a visitor center sister. I did get some exciting visitors while working their! Bailey, and her best friend, Jen literally about tackled me to the ground, because I didn't see them running up. It was so fun to catch up with Bailey. She is amazing and doing so awesome! I love her! And Jen! I also saw Sister Willett! I ran into her right when the pageant was starting so I didn't get to talk to her too much. Plus, she was on a date. I did find out where her parents live in Gilbert if I'm ever in that area! We got to stay and watch the Easter Pageant and it is AMAZING! It's the largest Easter Pageant in the world, with a few hundred cast members. It's outside. It's about Christ's life, which I'm sure you could have guessed! It's AWESOME! But we didn't make it home until like 10:20 and we hadn't ate since noon. It was exhausting! We get to work their this Saturday as well, and it's the last day so it'll be packed! 
Thursday we did more service. Renatta, asked for a blessing. So we met with her and a couple elders came to give her a blessing. She is such a sweet lady! We also were able to get in with a few of the less active members that we've been trying too. Everyone is so nice, and seem to have a desire to come back to church. They recognize that something is missing in their lives. It's cool to go to church on Sunday, and see people that haven't been to church in years come that you visited that week. And to know that it is nothing that we did. It's the spirit. As long as we can bring the spirit into their home, they're gonna want to feel that again. And what better place than church! 
Friday we taught Renatta. We were planning on putting her on date to be baptized, but that didn't really go as planned. Next time, for sure though. She's SO READY! We also did some service for another investigator. And weekly planning took up most of the day. We had dinner with a member of the bishopric. And he asked us to teach his family, especially his 10 year old son Josh, about fasting. So we did! And challenged him to fast with us on Sunday. They are an awesome family! Sister Collins just wrote a novel that's getting published, nbd. We also did a church tour with an investigator, Chris Clay. He was going to eat with a member and they invited to give him a church tour, so they called us and had us come and do it! It was fun! 
Saturday we did service from 9-5. Not even joking. And we were put into one of the scariest situations that I've ever been in. We were moving Renatta out of her house. Her roommate Leiya, is like abusive and just super controlling. It was a terrible situation. So Renatta didn't tell her she was moving, just showed up with like 20 people and trucks and trailers and such. Needless to say, she was super duper upset. I wasn't sure which one was Leiya. So when we walked up, I went to introduce myself to this lady. I extended my hand and just said, "Hi, I'm Sister Adams." She folded her arms, gave me the stank eye and just stood there staring at me. Awkward. So from that encounter, I gathered that she was indeed Leiya. But like I say, awkward and onward. Renatta pretty much owned everything in the house, and so we were all taking stuff. At one point Leiya called the police because she felt "threatened." I mean, I can't even begin to describe to you the tension that was inside that house. It was very interesting to say the least. Other than that, the only other exciting thing that happened would be that we got to hold a baby chick. CUTE! 
Sunday is always fun. We got roped into teaching the 4 year old primary class. That was a party. I'm pretty sure that they have no recollection of what we taught about, which was the Gift of the Holy Ghost. One girl had a pencil stuck up her nose the duration of our class. A couple boys were fighting. One little boy was sitting on the floor with his face in his lap, not wanting to do anything. The most asked question was if we brought snacks.haha. It was hilarious. One girl did say, "You are the best teacher." Probably because we colored half the time. It was really fun though! I love little kids. When we asked them what they knew about the Holy Ghost they responded: "It's in your brain." "It gives us food and money."  and other things. In other news, I got peed on by a dog. And we had the most delicious bread at supper that night. 
All in all it's been a pretty good week. Sister Hibbard still has a cold or allergies or something. So we're going to the doctor today. That will be our P-Day activity. Hopefully we can sneak in Ross as well. But we'll see :) Thanks for all that you do for me! I love and miss y'all! 

Love, 
Sister Adams

Question: When life gives you pickles, what are you supposed to do? 

Sister Hibbards hair as an accessory!!

Too hot for my long hair!!

"IT IS SOOOOO HOT HERE IN THE DESERT!!"

"How would Sister's hair look as a beard??"

A couple of cool Chicks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment