Thursday, February 27, 2014

What about an Iced Latte?                                                         February 17, 2014


Bum. Bum. Bum. Another week bites the dust. 
It's crazy how fast each week goes by! And it was super crazy how little time this week that we had to actually get out and work. We worked at the temple all day for Wednesday and Friday. We had a zone conference on Thursday all day. Basically  the only time we had out in our area was a couple hours last Monday, Tuesday afternoon, and Saturday. But this week, there is no meetings really so we FINALLY will get to know our area better. We also received a phone call this morning from the assistants that informed us that we will be getting a car today, so thats exciting. Although I really love biking, which is what we'll still do most of the time anyways. 
 Last Tuesday we met our ward mission leader, Brother Krueger, at Dunkin Donuts for a meeting(he's single so we can't go in his home). So we go to order a donut and a drink and Sister Hibbard looks at me and asks, "What about an iced latte?"hahaha. I had to tell her that it had caffeine. Brother Krueger and I were dying. And now all the leadership of the ward knows, and they have been teasing her about it. It's a fun running joke we have. Oh Sister Hibbard, they don't even sell coffee in Rexburg...so she just had no clue.ha
We knocked on lots of doors and lots of people didn't. It's kinda funny to see a new missionaries reaction again, and how crazy she thinks it is that people don't anser the door. I have forgotten what it was like those first few weeks and what a shock everything was. I hope that she's been able to have some good experiences as we've been getting to know people and trying to teach and testify whenever we can. She is really positive and excited to teach some investigators, so we have to find lots of people to teach! And I know that that will happen! There is so much potential in this area! I am so excited to have time spent in our area this coming week! 
Yesterday we had an appointment scheduled, and we planned for it and prayed about what they needed, etc. And when we were walking up to the door the blinds were open and I saw the mom up and moving around. And when we knocked and such we could hear kids telling their parents that we were there. Yet nobody even came to the door. We left a note, and as we walked away we saw the blinds that had been open were now closed. Sister Hibbard just couldn't believe it. Later in the evening at our dinner appointment, with a single lady in the ward that was struggling, we shared the message that we had prepared for our appointment earlier in the day and she was in tears. She told us how she knew that message was meant for her, and thanked us for sharing. It's so cool to me how when we do things by the spirit, even when we think it's for a different purpose, it's always for a reason. Nothing is ever done in vain. It was a cool experience, and just a tender mercy that even though we haven't seen lots of success in this new area so far, that we are being guided and directed. And helping people to feel of the love that their Savior has for them. And that's all that we've been asked to do. 
In our zone conference one thing we talked about was being consecrated missionaries. Which can be really hard. And the thing that stood out to me was the difference between water that is 99.5 degrees Celsius and 100 degrees Celsius. At 99.5 degrees all it is is really hot water. At 100 degrees it is boiling water, and becomes 1720 times more powerful! All we have to do is dedicate ourselves that small degree, give up the one thing that could be holding us back as missionaries and become 1720 times more powerful! And what is given up is nothing in comparison to the blessings that are received! So I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to become 1720 times more powerful!
The weather did get rather warm this week! Up into the 80's..so I realized I need to drink more water. I just hate water. But people on the streets are already offering to give up water, and then we're able to share a message so it's actually a blessing. Besides the sweat and really cool helmet marks that it causes to leaves in our hair. 
On Valentine's Day we were working at the temple, and it was lots of fun. I saw lots of people from my old areas which was so nice. And the Sudweeks! It was so exciting to see someone that I knew from my old life, or real life as I sometimes  refer to it as.haha. I was spoiled for sure on Valentine's Day. I got a package from the Day's. They are just so sweet! Tell them thanks for me! And from the Barne's! Dallan is probably the sweetest person ever. He had a puzzle made of one of the pictures of us. It's AWESOME! Such a fun gift. And of course the flowers from the family. So that was a good day! 
There are so many amazing members here that have such great faith, and such amazing stories that build my testimony! When I hear of people getting kicked out of their home for being baptized I just can't even phatom that. And it's even more amazing to see how the Lord provides for them as they follow the spirit and Christ's example in being baptized.
I wish there was more  to tell this week. One thing I probable said a cazillion time over the last week, and even more over the course of the temple open house, when presenting the videos is this. "Goodmorning. Welcome to the Gilbert Temple. I'm Sister Abby Adams and we're exctied to have y'all hear today. We're gonna start out by watching a 12 minute video about what you can expect to see and feel as you go through the temple today. It is a silent tour, but there are posters outside of each room that explain what you'll be seeing. All of your questions can be answered outside in the hosting tent. Where we'd also love to hear about your experience at the temple by filling out a comment card. We hope that y'all enjoy your tour, and we'll get your video started." 
Welp, thanks for everything! Be expecting to hear about some miracles next week! I love y'all so so much! 

Sister Adams

Picture puzzle from Dallan for Valentines!!

I put it together!! Aww!!


Valentine's Flowers from Home sweet home!!

Shadow creations while riding a bike- Talent Itell ya!!

Talent never ending!!



No comments:

Post a Comment