Friday, February 7, 2014

The Black Plague                         Feb 3, 2014
 
Not all too much happened this week. Sister Bouck had the black plague I'm pretty positive, so we were inside...all week. We went out a couple days for a few hours at night to lessons that we didn't wanna miss. But for the most part...I just read half the Book of Mormon, watched The Testaments twice(the only slightly entertaining movie thats approved). I read a few Ensigns, updated some records, did a little cleaning. It got really old, to say the least. Some really nice members did bring us lots of food and such! Which was so nice. But now there is so much soup in our refrigerator..
We were able to teach Juan this week, the Law of Chastity. And also go to see the temple open house with him. Which is so gorgeous! I saw a few members from my old area which was fun. Juan really loved.  He also told us that he loved us...but he may or may not have brought brass knuckles to church.haha.I have pictures of us their, but I can't send any because I keep forgetting to buy a converter! I will be sure to get one today! I haven't sent pictures in forever! Sorry about that. But I'll do better.
Let's see...we taught Jace this week. He told me like 10 times that I was gonna rule the world one day. He always gives us hugs before we go. It's so sad to hear him talk about his mom and how she doesn't believe. And how he just wants to live with her forever in heaven, but she doesn't believe. Melts my heart. He had went through the open house and asked us, "Why is the temple so fancy? It's just too fancy. Can we talk about that for a minute. It's just TOO fancy." So we talked about how it's the Lord's house, and he just said , "wow.Wow. WOW. It's His house."
We also heard a story from a lady that was arrested for battery with a hamburger..and how she isn't allowed to be in possession of a hamburger anymore. That's a heartbreak...hahaha.
So transfer calls came on Sunday night. We were in the middle of planning, and I was like, "Is anyone ever gonna call us?" And right when I said it the phone started ringing and it was President Nattress. Sister Bouck will be training and staying in the area, and I will be leaving to a new area and training a new missionary. It's called "white washing." When the two missionaries who were in the area leave, and two new ones come in. So I am whitewash training. It's a bit nerve racking...since I won't know a soul in the new area and the new missionary will be expecting me to know what I'm doing. We get to learn together! It's kinda wierd that I still don't feel qualified enough to train any more so than when I was called to train having only been out 3 weeks. Still need the Lord to help me in all that I do, all of the time! So there will be lots to learn in my new area. I wonder if I'll make it out of Gilbert Gilbert...into the outskirts or something. Or if I'll be around here my whole mission. Which would be fine :) There's always a new adventure to be had.
But it's about that time. I will tell you nexy week how everything goes in my new area with my little greeenie! I love and miss y'all! Have a awesome week!
Love,
Sister Adams
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment