Thursday, February 27, 2014

No Man's Land                                                                 February 24, 2014

This week was crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy!
The most entertaining, we went to this area in our area that's like in the middle of nowhere. And we found out after that none of the elders ever went there. And I can understand why. There's only one member that lives over there and they aren't active. As we were biking around, I felt like we should have been riding on horses. It felt like we were in like the Wild Wild West or something. Everyone had like a ca-zillion dogs, that weren't exactly the most friendly. And for the first time on my mission, we felt inspired to tract...that was entertaining. And totally not productive. We got chased by some scary dogs. There was also this really tiny old trailer that we decided to go knock on. And then I realized a huge window was busted...and it was completely empty except for an old really weathered book. It was seriously so creepy.
We were able to do a lot of service this week. The elders that left this area said they did service everyday, and out ward mission leader feels that's gonna be the key to getting into homes in this area. So we plan on going service tracting this week. Which is we knock on doors in service clothes and just offer service. It shall be fun! We have been working so so hard. Like the other day we biked and biked and biked and there was not a soul outside to talk to, nobody answered their doors. It can be so frustrating. But this is just like my first area, so I know the blessing will come as long as we are exactly obedient to the spirit. We have been able to contact a few solid potentials that want to be taught. And had two lessons scheduled for yesterday. One with a guy named Chris Clay. He was taught once before and wants to take the lessons again. The other with the youth of a member, 4 kids, who all are over eight and need to be taught before getting baptized. But Satan was really not gonna have that. So I'm pretty sure he gave me food poisoning. I'm not sure what it was. After supper Saturday night I just felt awful, and then in the middle of the night I got really sick. And then had to stay in all day yesterday. When I called the nurse and she told me I needed to stay in all day I just started crying. I did not wanna stay in. There is no time for that. It was so frustrating. Seriously. I felt like in 8th grade when I couldn't play basketball for a while when I fractured my ankle. It was a good reminded of how much I truly love being a missionary. The members made sure that I was taken care of, and the elders came and gave me a blessing which was really nice.
An awesome family in our ward moved this week which was a bummer. The Stoddards. She is so funny and makes the most delicious homemade bread. That's one of my goals when I have a family, make homemade bread. They have this adorable little girl, Lilly. Who kept having me come dance with her and paint her fingernails...but just pretend. She was so cute!
We're also starting to gear up for the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Visitor Center. It's like the biggest production in the USA...at least for Easter, I think. Whatever it is, I've heard amazing things about it, and I know that lots of referrals come from it so that'll be really fun!
On Saturday morning for exercise we woke up early and played soccer with our zone at the stake center. It was so much fun, but we were so tired afterward. Elder Vasquez is from Mexico and is SO dang good at soccer. I pulled a few moves on him and got passed him once, and everyone freaked out. Elder Vasquez just said, "Dang." He's probably the most humble elder that I know.
Really, the majority of our week was knocking on empty doors, and biking biking biking. One thing I have learned is to really rely on the spirit more fully. Because there is so much work to be done in this area. And so many people to visit. And so many people that our waiting to hear the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Sometimes it's hard to know where to start and what to exactly do. I know that I have felt the influence of the spirit so much in the last week, even though a lot of so-called "success" didn't come from it. I know that we were in the right place at the right time. Even though one night, we did wake up 3 sleeping children 3 houses in a row. Whoops. I'm grateful that the spirit is the teacher. And he not only teaches the investigators. But the spirit teaches me what I need to do and how I can best help the people around me, as well as how I can best teach my companion. Lucky for me, Sister Hibbard is awesome and came pre-trained. So that's what I'm trying to constantly improve on, listening to the spirit and acting on the promptings that I receive. Alma 34:38
 Well, I'm about out of time. Thanks for all that you do for me! Thanks so much for the card! That was a life saver! Seriously! I miss y'all! And the south...this morning at the store a lady asked where I was from and when I told her GA, she said, "Where is that?" Seriously. A man also told us this week on his mission they had the saying, "Sisters are blisters." RUDE! Also, I literally made this man jump like a foot off the ground one night when we approached him, and he yelled, "What's going on?"haha. He was super nice actually, and we had a good conversation with him. He grew up in Utah, but we were able to come back and tell him and his wife about the Gilbert Temple since they didn't have a chance to go. Anyway, sorry that I'm so scatter brained. I'm gonna start journaling more! AHh. I"m the worst at that. I hope y'all have a great week! LOVE YOU!
 
Sister Adams

Can you say GIANT cacti?


Creepy Trailer!!

Weathered book inside creepy trailer

This has adventure written all over it!!

The desert Life

This is a lemon as big as my scriptures!! CRAZY!! Lemonade anyone!!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment