Friday, February 7, 2014

               I Love to See the Temple                         January 27, 2014


Hola!
well, another week has gone by. So that's kinda crazy. It went by so fast. I love love love love whenever we are able to stay busy. Not being busy is like the worst think ever. Last Monday we didn't really get much of a P-Day since we worked at the temple, but it was fine. We took some longer lunch breaks during the week.haha.
As much as I love working at the temple, sometimes it's really boring. And all the time it makes me feet hurt. But it's the little things that make it worth it. Most of the good experiences that I had there this week wasn't with talking to some non-members. It was overhearing different conversations and then just talking to members. Turns out, this black tag I wear makes people a little less prone to talk to me.ha. Black tags and long skirts(to the toon of snapbacks and tattoos). I loved hearing one lady talk about how she was so honored to be invited to come and see the temple. We also got to see lots of protesters this week. They are just another witness that the church is true. You don't see them outside the opening of some other church, giving out anti material, and talking a bunch of crap on microphones, holding up untrue things about the prophet. It's crazy. Satan is woring really hard. At first when we saw them, there was a feeling of anger. Like why would they do that. They're so disrespectful. But as we talked about it further, we began to just feel really sad for them. They don't understand. They are just filled with so much anger. And if only they would open there heart just a little to see that we aren't even bad at all. We are Christian. The name of our church gives that away. My heart just hurts for them. I really wanna go talk to them but I know they will just not be very nice to me and it wouldn't result in a very good conversation I'm sure. No matter how hard I try. I got a great compliment while working, this lady came up and said, "You are a super hip sister missionary. You are just so cool." Another man came up to me with his son, and asked if I was engaged. Then talked about how his son wasn't dating anyone...so awkward. I'M A MISSIONARY.
One miracle that happened this week was with Phyllis. She's the blind and nearly deaf lady that we are teaching...or rather attempting to teach. She doesn't retain much of what we say, and that's like the 2 minutes we're able to squeeze in something. She is just so chatty. We were able to get her the Book of Mormon for this special tape player she has. And we listened to the introduction and testimony of the 3 and 8 witnesses with her, and Joseph Smith's testimony. And then she paused it and recalled back to us all that was just said. It was amazing. She actually understood that the Book of Mormon was not a book about the histpry of the church, but a anciet record of the prophets in America. I know the concerns that she has will be resolved as she listens to and prays about the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon. I love the restored gospel. What a blessing it is to have another testament of the Savior. Why would anyone not want more of God's words? I just don't understand. The Book of Mormon will answer any concern that anyone has. It's the best.
Juan is also just doing amazing! He is on date to be baptized on April 19th! He said the funniest thing this week..."The inside of me is changing. The outside...it's painted." He's so so funny. He also opened up the car door for Sister Bouck and I when we went to our car to leave after the lesson. He is seriously a changed man. He just looks so happy. Even though some things are not going so well for him, he is just awesome!
We had exchanges this week with a sister training leader. so that was interesting. She literally got attacked by a dog. But just got some scratches. It was really hard not to just laugh, it was scary though. Other good things that happened this week, I was fed Raising Canes. The word seems to be spreading that I love that place, and now Sister Bouck is hooked too!haha. I got an awesome package from the Powell family! i love them all so much. It made my day! And uhhh...I'm sure lots of other good things happened. OH! Ruth gave me a picture of a manatee.haha. So many fun things happen every week, and really funny quotes that I just don't even have enought time to talk about them. Sorry that this is just so scatter brained. Sometimes emailing is just stressfull. But as dad would say, It is what it is.
Thanks so much for all that you do for me! Seriously, y'all are too good to me. It's been another great week. You can do something for me, help the missionaries in the Commerce Ward find somebody to teach. The members job is to find, and the missionaries teach. People are ready! I promise! I love y'all! Have an awesome week!
 
Peace and Blessing. Peace and Blessings.
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment