Monday, October 14, 2013




Oh No the Mormons are Coming, The Mormons are Coming!!!                                 September 30, 2013
Flyers Abby and Sister Ayers made..cute!!




This week...I found out that there are little kids that are genuinely afraid of us. As we were walking around these town homes, some kids get off the bus and they turn and see us. Right when they do, they start running and screaming, "OH NO THE MORMONS ARE COMING, THE MORMONS ARE COMING."hahaha. It was pretty hysterical. I was just thinking is this real life? Are two 19/20 year old girls really that scary. That same day Sister Ayers bike chain got messed up, and I had to fix it. So my hands were covered in bike grease...until we found a member that was home where I could wash my hands off. Also, that night at dinner we ate with the Crane's. LOVE THEM. They are the ones with the snakes(3) and bird! I held the snake, obviously. And the bird was like on the other side of the room and started franatically flying.  towards everyone and I stuck out my finger, and walla...It landed nicely on my finger. Then proceeded to walk up my arm and sit on my shoulder. Brother Crane also heard me sneeze and said it was so cute he wished he could put it in a bottle.haha. They are seriously great. 
We got the privilege of watching 2 primary programs yesterday. In one ward, all the little boys had matching bow ties. I almost died. It was the cutest thing that I've ever seen. I just love bow ties. 
Oh, last week on P-Day we had a surprise zone activity. And it was a blow up obstacle course! It was inside the stake center which I thought was pretty humorous but it was a lot of fun. And it's a miracle that nobody was seriously injured! 
All the elders also make fun of me for not liking steak or roast beef. And now they account it to the fact that I grew up on the bayou and only ate gator steaks. They clearly don't know anything about Georgia. It's a good thing they don't know about our slaves, as do my friends at school.ha. 
I heard that UGA beat LSU!!!! That's so awesome. It's funny because on Saturday's we visit all the bishops and ward mission leaders and they all keep me up to date on the score. And the RS General Broadcast was Saturday night and one of the RS presidents made sure to tell me that UGA won.ha. 
We hung up some fliers...and so we'll see if that gets anyone interested. If not, then I'm sure it'll help someone maybe just a little. This week as we were biking we stopped to talk at this lady at the bus stop. I asked her how her day was and she said not good. So I asked if there was anything we could do for her. And she just broke down in tears. And told us about how her son had been killed earlier in the week, and she was lost, and just having a really rough time. So we got off our bikes and were talking to her. She asked if her son knew that she loved him and if he could hear her. It was so so so so sad. We didn't get to talk to her for too long before the bus came. But hopefully we provided some peace. And maybe we'll get a call from her sometime this week. 
Food this week had a super high, being P.F. Changs!!! And then some lows....two days of sloppy joes. I wanted to die. But Raelene also made us some delicious fudge which was a plus. 
We went to set up an appointment with an investigator and her two little siblings came to the door. I told the little girl that I liked her Hello Kitty shirt. The little boy proceed to ask me if I liked his shirt(which was plain red). After telling him that I did, he asked if I liked his pants. After telling  him I liked his pants, he asked if I liked his underwear...uhhh. I was like you don't need to show me.haha. 
I've decided that at the end of this whole mission thing I'm gonna need a nice long vacation. Because it seriously is the hardest I've ever worked in  my life. There is never a day off, really. P-Day is packed full and each day is long. You're putting everything into what you know and believe. This week hasn't yielded much success but I hope that we will see some soon! Mission life is interesting. And I love doing the Lord's work. Even though I'm exhausted all day, everyday. They need to have a scheduled nap time in missionaries schedules! A girl can dream, right? I hope that you got my letter this past week, and Delaney! They should be there soon, if not. Dallan didn't get mine from this week either. So the USPS service is moving slow this past week.  I hope all is well on Adams Hill. Hopefully I'll hear from y'all soon. I didn't get a email from you, if you sent one. I know sometimes I just don't receive them. But I love you! And can't wait to hear from y'all! 

Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment