Monday, October 28, 2013

Hola Familia!                                     October 7, 2013
Abby & Sister Ayers working the streets- spreading the word of Christ!!


Hey everybody!! I miss you!

Stadium workout at sunrise!!

Love y'all and miss y'all 

Baby pumpkin award? 

Too funny for words!

Peace out!!

Let's make double chins!!

Sister Missionaries in their down time!!

What caption can you put on this????

Zone Picture


This week was super duper busy. We had meetings every single day! One of them being transfer meeting, but I was not transferred! So here in Gilbert I shall stay for at least another 6 weeks! I do love it here. Transfer meeting was nice to get to see everyone, we also got flu shots accompanied with princess bandaids! The elders all fought over Rapunzel.
This week we were also trained on how to use Familysearch.org so that we can help investigators and converts! It was really cool. We're doing it again this week as well. The Spirit of Elijah is real! 
We also now have a new investigator. Her name is Carolyn and she's probably in her early 50's...maybe, I'm really bad with guessing ages. But she's divorced and lives alone, all of her kids are grown. She worked with an LDS lady and said she just didn't understand how she had such strong faith and how powerful that her prayers are! She is so interested in learning, and is the sweetest lady ever. Seriously. Love her already. We'll be teaching her for the second time this week. 
We were also asked to speak at a Relief Society activity that was centered around missionary work. I balled when I bore my testimony. I don't really know why. I get to do that on a daily basis to different people. But I had the whole room in tears as well. It strengthed my testimony to stand up in front of a room full of amazing women and tell them the dear things of my heart relating to the gospel. 
We also have a family that we will hopefully start teaching soon! My dream is to teach a family and get to see them all get baptized and a year later go be sealed in the temple. That is the whole purpose of missionary work. Or really for any of us here. 
General Conference was pretty fun. We had to watch it at the stake center unless we watched it with an investigator, so we were there all but one of the sessions. Some quotes that were my favorite were, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith"-Uchtdorf 
and "Decisions determine destiny."-Nelson. I love listening to the prophets speak as well as the 12 apostles. Its amazing, and I hope y'all were able to watch some of it. 
The conference tickets I gave to Austin and Brother Graham. Noah wasn't able to go because of football. Austin has the same birthday as me, and so we'll be eating over at their house on my birthday! It'll be lots of fun! I love the Graham's. They're awesome. I bet they'll send you some pictures.ha. Sister Graham has also been trying to figure out a way for me to meet Sister Webster's mom. So I'lll let you know if that ever happens! That's so awesome that Delaney got her patriarchal blessing!!! Ahh. Yay for Poops! Sorry, I don't have much time to respond to everything. It's crazy that I surpassed my 4 month mark this past week. Time really does fly. I love y'all! 

 Love- Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment