Monday, October 28, 2013


DING, DONG, Ditch!!!     October 21, 2013


Another week down! This week went by so crazy fast...and I'm not even sure why. And it's crazy to think that this transfer is already halfway over.
BIG NEWS OF THE WEEK! The Gilbert Temple Open House/Dedication was announced! The open house will be from January 18th to February 15th! The Cultural Celebration is on March 1st and the Dedication on March 2nd! Last Monday, I finally got to see the temple! It's gorgeous! And huge! I'll send the not so great picture that I snagged in passing.
I forgot to bring what I had written down to say...so this might be a little on the slim side. I have such a terrible memory, I should do way better at writing in my journal...whoops. 
Nothing all too exciting happened this week. A couple of our investigators were out of town unfortunately, so we didn't get to teach them. Last Monday, there was a little zone birthday celebration for two elders and I that have birthdays within the week. We went to the senior couple that is serving in our zone's apartment and had lunch and cake and played a few games. It was pretty fun. They are the cutest little old couple. They asked me one day if I had read "The Help" or seen the movie..I was just thinking oh goodness, where is this gonna go. Then they asked if Georgia was like that too. And asked all sorts of questions about the south and they could never tell whenever I was joking. So like when I said that the south would rise again. They were generally concerned, and thought that it was legit gonna happen. So I gotta be careful what I say around them.haha. And it's a good thing that they don't know we have slaves! 
Yesterday we were a part of singing time in primary for one of our wards. Sister Nawahenie, the music person, had us bring in stuff that described us like our favorite food, where we were from, favorite movie, etc. It was a lot of fun. And I didn't think that any of the kids were paying that much attention until we were at supper that night. And this little boy walks up to me as I'm sitting down and gets like a foot from my face and says, "Hey Sister Adams. I know what your favorite movie is." After that conversation, he asks, "Do you even remember seeing me? Did you hear anyone saying Maddox, Maddox? I'm Maddox."And then he tells me all this stuff about me and all sorts of stuff about him. He brings me his favorite toys and Legos and sits by me when we eat. He was the cutest! During supper he would pull my shoulder down so I he could tell me stuff. I just wanted to keep him. 
We also talked at a fireside last night, just to the priests and laurels, about missionary work. I always get so nervous about stuff like that because I want it to be perfect. And I think it went really well. We had asked a couple of them to bare their testimony of the BOM which turned out really good. The spirit was really strong. We didn't just preach about how they can do missionary work, but as missionaries we're supposed to build members faith. SO if that was done, then it was a success. 
Probably the funnest part of the week was ding-dong ditching a bunch of the members. Don't worry mom, there was a purpose. So people out here do this thing calling "BOOing" around Halloween. They just leave treats on someones door steps and the rule is if you get "BOOed" then you have to "BOO" two people. Our mission is really stressing creativity...so I thought, why don't we "BOO" members and leave a note that says they have to "BOO" two non-members, and attach a flier to the ward Halloween party! So that is exactly what we did! But we made it really cute! ANd we still have several people to do. The line from the flier was something like, "We hope you enjoy this sugary treat. The gospel is something just as sweet, and you can share both!"haha. I know, cheese fest. But all the members loved it, and were talking about it on Sunday so hopefully it works and gets plenty of non-members to the party that we can talk to. We're also working on a few other finding ideas currently. 
One of the assistants talked to us how the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. So why as missionaries would we continue doing the same thing-knocking on doors-and expecting it to be any more productive that the day before. They have given us free reign to do whatever we think will help, and everything is worth a shot. So if you have any finding ideas, just let me know! 
This week we have zone conference and we're going to the temple and all three of our wards parties our on Saturday! PARTAY! Other than that we're just teaching and trying to find people to teach! And working with the members on how they can invite their friends! Help the missionaries out, Mom. They need people to teach! But I'll send this so I can have some time to send some pictures! I love y'all! And always look forward to hearing from y'all! I love you!

Sister Adams

I think I will just take a little nap on this beautiful day!!

A van all about eagles! Go EJCHS Eagles!!

Picture taken by a member sent to my mom!

Look at us!! We are Missionaries!! Can you believe it!!

OM...

Creepy!1

Oddly enough...this seems appropriate!

Gilbert, Arizona Temple opens in January 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment