Saturday, August 17, 2013

Poo Pies!                                                                         August 12, 2013


This week…I was served lots of pie. It was terrible. Like days in a row we had pie at each dinner appointment. It was all I could do to keep it down. It was miserable. But I did manage to survive, somehow. And not even puke on their tables, which was a pretty big blessing. Tender mercies.
 We had interviews with President Nattress this week. He is the nicest! And he has such a strong spirit with him, always. The interview with him wasn't very long. He basically just makes sure that you're doing alright and talks and asks questions. He asked me what my key to much success has been which caught me off guard. I just feel so new to it all still. But that was pretty cool. It made me actually think as to what has caused all these blessing of being able to teach prepared people. Obedience…obedience brings blessing. It's that simple.  We were also told that we'll be using Facebook daily for an hour. Along with that we each get our own iPad mini which is pretty sweet! At that meeting the housing coordinator gave a demonstration on how to clean a toilet….completely not necessary. She talked about the "brownies" and the "yellowies" and all sorts of other details that made for an interesting presentation. She's crazy. All the elders and sisters in my zone were cracking up. 
Saturday night our smoke detector battery died…the detector that's right above my head. It literally beeped every minute. I tried taping a pillow over it. We took it our of the wall, and it still beeped. So it's sitting outside until we get a new battery.haha. Sister Holcomb and her companion, Sister Carroll, moved in with us last Monday evening. They might have to move out come transfers but we'll see. So it's been fun having all four of us in an apartment. 
After church yesterday we got a call saying we will be getting a car…even though in my opinion we don't really need it. We'll probably only ever use it on P-Day's. Our area is so small, and in a car we can't talk to anyone. But we'll see. We go pick it up this afternoon! It's crazy that I haven't driven in so long…hopefully I haven't forgotten.ha. 
Saturday, we're going to eat with Sister Buckley…so if you get a call from Arizona please don't answer it then. You can call her back if you want. But I would just be a complete mess if I were to talk to you. In Relief Society yesterday we sang the primary song "Mother, I love you." And I was crying. I miss you, mom! I also taught Sunday school yesterday….it went pretty well I do believe. That was my first time teaching in church so not too bad. 
Noah Miller, the guy who is getting baptized, is super excited. We have the program all planned out, just have to get it typed up and stuff for Saturday. It will be great! 
One of my zone leaders, Elder Loomis, goes home next week. And he really wanted me to ask if you could send videos from home of what GA is like and people talking? I don't know. Strange request but he was being serious. Don't worry too much about it though. He can google it when he gets home if he wants too. I literally get asked like 5,000 questions each time we see them or any elders about GA. A guy in one of the wards I covered served in GA and he was wondering if I could get him a license plate from home? Idk…people asked weird things of me this week.
Not too much happened this week…contacting. We did get a door slammed in our face. And i mean SLAMMED. It was a pretty good feeling. But overall, I'm doing great. Transfers are next Tuesday, so I will find out next Sunday if I'll be transferred. I don't think I will be though. But who knows, I also didn't think I'd be training so quickly. But I'm great. Weeks go by so fast, but each day is long. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve. I love talking to people, on the street even, about the Book of Mormon. There's such a powerful promise that anyone who reads and prays with a sincere heart can receive an answer that it's the word of God. And if the Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith was a prophet, and this is Christ true church. It's such a blessing to know and live the gospel. I miss everyone at home! And look forward to hearing from everyone! I love you! 
Sister Adams :)
Breathtaking....



Sunrise...a new day dawning

This is worth seeing for yourself!!
So, what do you do when the smoke detector will not stop beeping, tape a pillow over it!!

But it really doesn't work, I had to take it outside til we get batteries!!

Just looking cute

Seriously..you haven't written me yet? I love getting letters. 

This is my face when I get a letter!!

My red shoes all dusty from being Jesus' feet

Sunset after a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment