Friday, August 30, 2013



Elder Neil A. Anderson is Coming to our Mission!!
Abby & Elder Hoffman
At the Zone meeting!! Not transferred! Staying in Gilbert!

Sisters at a zone meeting August 2013


Pretty, pretty sky!

Loved by a family in Gilbert!!

Little cuties showing off their artwork

Craziness sets in!!


This week seemed to go by so fast once again, and it feels like nothing all too exciting happened. But then again, there were some big stuff. We had transfers on Tuesday, and two new zones in the mission were created. So Sister Holcomb and Sister Carroll, who live with us, are now in a different zone. It's super confusing because we now go to different meetings and such and it's just weird. But it was good to see all the missionaries at transfers to see how everyone is doing. We also found out the Elder Neil A. Anderson is coming to our mission on September 7th. He is coming to Arizona for some other church business and called President Nattress to ask if he could talk to us for a few hours. He also wants to greet us each individually which will be awesome! I'm super excited for him to be here and talk to us! He's one of the 12 apostles, but I'm sure you know that. 
As far as teaching this week, we didn't have too many opportunities. I swear like 7 of them we had scheduled didn't answer the door or weren't home. We are trying to find more people to teach. There is some real potential with one family and a couple other people that we've contacted. So hopefully we get to teach soon. Right now, we are teaching three people. But they can only meet once a week, which leaves a lot of other time to just knock on doors. 
Noah, is getting ordained next Sunday for the priesthood which is way awesome! We're super excited for him! Bailey is still awesome and we love seeing her! We're starting to teach them the New Member Lessons, with the ward missionaries, this week. So that'll be good. 
We also did some service for a member who has cancer like everyday. She just started chemo this week and she lives by herself and hates asking for help. So we just show up and help her! I had to empty her pot of puke. It was disgusting. I was gagging. But not as much as I had expected. You should be proud of me. 
You had asked if I had still been running. Well Sister Ayers can't run....? But there's a high school right near our apartments so we started going to the track because we can see each other but each do our own thing. Sister Holcomb and Carroll come too. So I've been running bleachers and such. 
I also got a new bag from target, because my Vera Bradley one is a little small. But the one I got I hate. Maybe for my birthday could you get me a messenger bag? Not a huge one. I had saw some cute ones of Etsy before I left. Just an idea. 
Having a car has been nice, especially since Sister Ayers hurt her knee...But I prefer biking, and we're able to actually talk to people on a bike and not just drive past them. We haven't started Facebook yet, that'll probably start in about two weeks is what we're thinking. 
I'm doing well. I got a good letter from Beky this week which was nice. I'm working on writing everyone back that I haven't. Promise I'm not forgetting to write anyone. I come home every day exhausted...especially this week. I would love to have a lazy day but that doesn't exist in the mission field. But all is well here. Hopefully we're able to find more people to teach! I love you and miss you so much! 
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment