Friday, August 30, 2013

Hello Hello! 
The crowning moment of this past week was definitely Saturday, when Noah was baptized! Seriously, the overflow in the stake center was full. There were so many people there to support him and his decision. His parents, who aren't members, also came. His dad even spoke some which was really cool. His older brother was able to baptize him and was getting choked up the whole time. It was cool. And his parents were balling. There was such a sweet spirit there. His dad gave me a hug afterward. Oh well. And told us we were welcome at there home anytime. Noah also bore his testimony which was cool. He is setting such a good example for everyone in the high school. It was amazing. 
We stopped by the Allen's this week to pick up some medicine for Sister Holcomb, since Bishop Allen is a doctor, and it was a good time. Cole and Cameron decided to play beauty shop on me while bishop went to pick something up. Sister Allen said she wished I was there to meet Christian, their son serving in Ghana. Cole told me that Christian would think I was cute and I would think he was cute.haha. They're trying to set me up with there son who's on a mission? Awkward. Plus, I have Dallan and he's the best of the best. Speaking of which, he is doing good in the MTC. I just got a little email from him. They call him Grandpa or Gramps because he's older than everyone.haha.
We also went on exchanges with a sister training leader this past week, and she's amazing. She leaves next transfer and it was a good experience to learn from her. 
So I'm not getting transferred which is good news! It'll be good to stay in this area. I love all the people here. 
Yesterday, was a mission presidents devotional where recent converts talk and then the mission president. It was really cool to hear some of their stories. We are only allowed to go if we bring an investigator or recent convert. And Bailey was able to go which was cool. She might talk at the next one. 
Would it be possible to get some general conference tickets that I could give to Noah? He really wants to go and is making plans with a friend to but it's hard to get tickets down here. So if that's possible it would be much appreciated! Also, an auxillary cord for the car. If theres money in my account I can just get it. We also put Steve on date again. He will be baptized in September! He's rally excited! 
Overall, life is good. We're in a bit of a rush today to get some stuff done, but I love you so much and thanks for all that you do for me! I'm doing great and loving my mission, even though it's also the hardest thing I've ever done. It's so great to feel the spirit so often and help others feel the same thing! I love you and miss everyone! 
Love
Sister Adams

Noah gets baptized! Look at that smile!! 

4 sisters sharing an apartment!

Abby with Elder Robles

Pretty girls with purple lei"s

No comments:

Post a Comment