Tuesday, September 9, 2014

It Is Time                                                                 July 21, 2014


The cats out of the back...I'm getting transferred. Sister Hibbard, my second daughter is ready to venture by herself. There are so many amazing things going on in our area it's gonna be so so sad to leave!AHHHH! I just love everyone here and there should be lots of people baptized in the next month. I'm guess 4. Mirlande and her two kids. Barbara. And there are others that are just as close! I know that the Lord has a plan and wherever I end up is where I need to be. 
This past week has been kinda crazy. I went on two exchanges back to back. It was so fun to be with those sisters! We also had a sisters meeting this week. And as an STL, I was supposed to prepare a little something something...about the 5 keys to being a successful missionary. I revised them several times but this is what I ended up with. 

1. Use the Atonement of Jesus Christ
      Missionaries teach everyone about it and how it can help them with the challenges and struggles they face but forget that they're allowed to use it as well! The Atonement is how I how the strength to get up day after day and do the Lord's work. Like with the 2 exchanges I went on. I wanted to make sure that each sister felt loved, motivated, and uplifted. I was tired and nervous that I would do something dumb in front of them. But with the help of the Savior I was able to serve them as best as I could.
2. Be Yourself.
       We are called to a specific place because of who we are. Every area doesn't need a Sister Adams, but the area I'm in at this time needed a Sister Adams. If you are able to be yourself the people feel a lot more comfortable. Like Todd and Suzie, they told us how they had dismissed tons of missionaries in the past. We were just normal people when we talked to them, and they let us in. You can be a missionary and be yourself at the same time...there's just a few more rules! 
3. Hardwork
         There is no substitute for hardwork. When you get out and get sweaty the blessing come. Hands down. We have to show our faith. Get on your knees and pray then get up and work(someone important said that). There is a good chance that I could be whitewashing into another area...and work is essential. The members see you out biking or knocking doors when it's 110 degrees and they wanna give you referrals! The Lord sees you out working and he's gonna put prepared people in your path. All you have to do is open your mouth. 
4. Obedience
        Obedience to both the mission rules and the spirit. Again, qualifying for blessings! One of the sisters I went on exchanges with got a blessing that she told me about and at the end it said, "There have been times when you and your companion have received promptings for investigators and have not acted on it. Consider this your correction." Yikes! I do not want to be responsible for not following the Spirit. The Lord knows His children and their needs better than we do...so why would we not listen to Him! 
5. Love your companion
        As missionaries you have to teach by the spirit(as exemplified above). And if you are your companion are being onery toward one another the spirit isn't gonna be there. You have to get along with your companion. It might not mean that you're gonna be BFF after the mission but you can love them. Love them through service and making sure they know that they are appreciated. Each missionary in the companionship is equal. Plus, you have life changing experiences with companions...so why would you not love them? 

Well, I could tell you stories about being on exchanges. I was hit on twice. We taught this Chinese lady that I might have understood only about 15% if the things that she said. We were anti'd! Actually, on Saturday we went to lunch as a zone...because one of my Zone Leaders goes home tomorrow. And this lady walked up and read to us( a group of almost 20 missionaries) Romans 10:2...basically saying that we have the zeal for the word of God but not the correct knowledge. It was very brave of her...but just strange. She told us to ponder it. The irony is she clearly has the zeal, and bravery, of the Gospel...but is ill informed. I just wish people would give us a chance sometimes. The worst response is "Not Interested." Not interested in what...forever familes, never ending happiness, remission of sins, eternal life...the list goes on and on. Anyway, it was cray. 

We also had an awesome fireside about the Prophet Joseph Smith. One thing that stood out to me was, "Joseph was a prophet because he knew the Savior." We don't worship Joseph Smith. He was simply a mouthpiece for the Lord. It is His Church. I love telling people about it! Thank you for all that you do! 

Love, 
Sister Adams

P.S. Share the gospel with someone. The missionaries need HELP!









No comments:

Post a Comment