Tuesday, September 9, 2014

how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good          Aug. 4, 2014


It's about that time. This past week has been SO full of miracles. Seriously, I am surprised still how the Lord provides...you think I would be used to it by now. But seeing the tender mercies of the Lord pour out upon me and those around me is something that will always stir my heart and increase my testimony that He lives, loves, and knows each of us.
I feel like this week I personally didn't have a lot of proselyting times with extra meetings and such and then Sister Hanson was sick. But, the Lord provided. We had out mini missionary, Sister Lively. For the first few days of the week. She was so painfully shy. After district meeting on Tuesday I could see that she was nearly in tears. But that afternoon she really started to open up and have a good time. At the closing meeting she talked about how in the middle she wanted to go home but was so glad she didn't. And she thanked us for all that we did for her and for being an example to her. She is the sweetest girl and I know that when she serves she will touch many people.
We had the craziest experience on Tuesday. We went to this less actives house, that I had never met, and she was straight crazy. It was kinda amusing. She talks to spirits. Like she would be having a conversation with them apparently right in front of us, pretty much the whole time. She told us that she wanted the spirits to prove to us that there was an afterlife. So she emptied a bottle of water and set it on her table and kept telling the spirits to move it. So basically for like 10 minutes we are just staring at this empty water bottle. And every time I would say anything she would get this really creepy grin on her face and tell me, "It's not you speaking but Mary Magdalene speaking through you." She titled me as being hilarious, Sister Hanson as spontaneous and Sister Lively as pouty.haha. When we were leaving she said that I was the leader, even though Sister Hanson has been there longer and that I had all the knowledge.haha. It was quite the experience. I can't even fully explain the craziness via email.
Friday evening we had the opportunity to be there when a recent convert of a year went through the temple for the first time. It was so amazing! She just said, THIS IS AWESOME! It was a sweet experience that I'm glad I was able to be apart of.  The temple truly is an amazing place!
Saturday night we went to visit a few people, and re-invite all of our investigators to come to church. There hasn't been an investigator at church here in a long time. So we go to visit an investigator, Winona, and her 17 year old son Aaron answers. He lets us in and he seemed a little weird. We taught him about the Book of Mormon a little and how Christ established a church. He seemed super interested. We soon realized that he was higher than a kite. But we invited him to church and didn't think much of it. On Sunday, right before the sacrament starts he walks into church! YAY! He had a really amazing time and is going to the YW activity on Wednesday and we have a lesson with him this evening. His comments in church were so good and he is really prepared. We just need to make sure he's completely sober next time we teach.haha.
The non-member family that came to church last week had sick kids and wasn't able to come this week. But we were able to go and teach them. They are the SWEETEST family. Will, the dad, went to seminary when he was younger and when he started going to scouts with his son at the church it made him miss the church. He accepted to be baptized on August 30th. The rest of the family doesn't have a strong religious background but they are really intrigued and are reading from and praying about the Book of Mormon. That's a family of four that is just so PREPARED to hear the good news that we bring. Investigators falling out of the sky I tell you.
Interesting fact I learned, that I may have to talk to President monsoon about to see if he'll extend sister missions to 2 years. Annyway...only .002% of the world is a member of Christ church. There is just TOO MUCH WORK TO BE DONE! That's why every member a missionary. I challenge y'all to share the gospel with someone! I dare ya :)
Also, you should look up the YouTube video Share the Message-3 Minutes that'll change the way you  (something). You should be able to find it. An awesome quote from that is, "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
 
Anyway, all is good here in Compton Basin. We are praying for mighty miracles to come our way. It's the best to be on the Lord's errand.  I love and miss y'all!
 
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment