Wednesday, November 27, 2013


Val Vista                                          November 18,2013

Hello Hello. I survived transfers! I literally only moved a few miles up the road. And my new companion is Sister Winters. We flew here together so it has been great fun being companions. President Nattress called us the "superstar" companionship...so that's so high expectations to live up to. This week has been good though. It was so so sad to have to say goodbye to all the people I have come to love in my old area. And there just wasn't enough time to say goodbye to everyone. Maybe one day I'll get to serve there again. That would be sweet. My address is
3225 E. Baseline Rd. #1115, Gilbert, AZ, 85234.
We cover two wards and one of the bishops said he had a question to see if I was a true southerner. For one, you think one would have to be from the south to know that. And then the ward mission leader, Brother Greer, told him that I passed the real test. That when he mentioned the Georgia Bulldogs that my face lit up...but then quickly dropped when I heard the results of the game.
We have a couple of investiagtors. I have met one so far. Her name is Phyllis. She is blind and nearly deaf, so it was super interesting to teach her. She is a sweetheart though and I'm excited to get to know her more.
There's the less active lady Ruth, she's native american, and is cray cray. She is always wearing wildlife shirts, and has a tattoos of a wolf print on each side of her eyes. When I shook her hand she said, "That is a good Mormon handshake. The way that it should be." She then proceeded to tell me her life story, and how she can't quit smoking. She also wants to write President Monson to tell him the baptismal age should be changed to 12...so we'll see how that one goes. I love her. She cracks me up.
We also invidted this lady to the temple one day, and had quite the extensive discussion. Towards the end of the conversation she asked, "Do you know where the temple is?" We told her that we did. And she said, while pounding her chest, "It's in your heart. It's not a building or anything. The temple is in your heart." Talk about a teaching oppurtunity. It was funny.
I've also found my favorite section of AZ so far. Theres this place called Country Plaza in our area. None of the houses are stucco. They all have yards, and yard chickens. They all have all sorts of farm animals and TREES and green grass. It's pretty heavenly. My plan is just to convert the whole place so that I can go there more often...and play with their animals. I found out we can't horseback ride which is so lame. Missionaries have no agency.ha.
Yesterday, it was good to meet everyone in the wards. We have 6 hours of church, and actually get a lunch break which is fantastic. Normally every Sunday feels like a fast Sunday. We were able to give a BOM to a struggling lady that we met while stopping by a recent converts house yesterday as well. There was also a new member fireside that we got to go to. It's so cool to hear peoples conversion stories. Speaking of which, I still need yours mom! I also saw Sister Ayers and her new companion there. She said that everyone was asked where I was and was super sad that I had to leave. Her new companion said they weren't happy to see her. Which is sad, but it's kinda nice to know that they actullay liked me.  As we walked in to one sacrament meeting I saw one of my old ward mission leaders, Brother Hinton. The first thing he said was, "YOU DIDN"T COME AND SAY GOODBYE." Whoops. Sorry that you weren't home when we stopped by. He then told me that when his son, who left on his mission like 2 months ago, found out that I was transferred asked for my email. So awkward. I think my face was super confused looking so he told me that I could think about it.ha.
Overall, all is well. I'm not 100% positive if I'll be here for Christmas, but there are great people who I know would take care of us. So we will see when transfers role around again. Overall, this week I have really increased my testimony of prayer, and not just because everyone always asks the "new" missionary to pray at every occasion. It's such a sweet feelingg to know that we have a Heavenly Father that wants us to talk to him, because He wants to help us. All that we have to do is ask. Blessings are waiting for us. The whole purpose of the creation was for us, and for families. So that we can become more like Him. What better way than to constatly seek His advice as to what He would have us do and who He wants us to become.
I love and miss all y'all. And hope to hear from y'all soon!
 
Sister Adams













No comments:

Post a Comment