Wednesday, November 6, 2013

TAKE TWO (second time to type this email, everything deleted the first time!)    Nov. 4

I can't believe that everything that I just wrote deleted. Thats the worst thing ever. Because I now hardly have no time at all...Sucks to suck. But I'll give you the highlights of the week. 

Carolyn is on date to be baptized on November 16th. SHE IS AMAZING! And hopefully if I get transferred I'll be able to come back and see the baptism. I just love her. She is the sweetest, and it makes me so sad when I hear how much she goes through. But I know that regardless of the issues that we face in like that the gospel will help. 
Halloween we were in a mission conference all day, because we weren't allowed to be out at all. So we were trained on giving temple presentations, even though our zone had already been trained on. The videos we show on the temple are amazing! And they bring such a strong spirit. We also played a couple games, that they made missionary related. Like Jeopardy, with categories such as "Name That Book of Scripture", "Preach My Gospel Fill in the Blanks", and Preparation for baptism.haha. My team won. If you ain't first your last. But Sister Nattress made all the missionaries treat bags and it was so good to see everyone, at least those that I do know. Some people act like they know you...and I'm just thinking who are you. Halloween night we got permission as a zone to go to a high counilors house, while the rest of the mission had to stay inside! Sucks to suck. The Whitings are awesome. You should have got a text with a picture of the whole zone! They went all out for us. Chili in pumpkin shaped bread bowls, witches fingers, the whole shabang. Candy out the yin-yang. We made caramel apples. When everyone learned I had never given out candy to trick or treaters, when the doorbell would ring everyone would scream, "GO SISTER ADAMS." haha. It was a lot of fun. A couple kids from the wards I cover came by their neighborhood and so I got some hugs and they all asked to make sure I was still in their ward. It's nice to feel loved. 
Raelene also brought us by an edible arrangement! She is amazing! I love her! She does so much for us! She also found out this week that she is CANCER FREE! We cleaned her apartment this week as well, since she was still really weak. But she is doing lots better! I'm so grateful for her!
We also taught the YW on Self-Relieance...I didn't mention how you still cut up my food for me.haha. That would have brought my credibility down just a tad, don't you think?
We also had a big zone conference that included the leadership for the wards, so we got to teach our bishops and such how to invite people to different things. And role played with them. It was quite entertating to say the least. I still don't enjoy role playing all too much, but it is effective. 
As we were biking through a neighborhood this week, past a park, I glance over and see this little boy walking to a tree right in front of us. His dad screamed, "Don't pee on that tree! You're gonna embarass the sister missionaries." Just as the little boy dropped his pants. He reminded me of Jeb, and how he always used to go wherever...preferably in front of people!ha. Love you Jeb! 
Scorpions glow in the dark with a backlight..picture included.
The weather has been amazing! Even chilly. Especailly in the morning when we go run at the track it is freezing! So the cardagins are starting to come out...even though 99% of mine are long sleeve. I wish I had brought some more of my cold weather clothes. Like a pair of bute boots and some scarves...and they're all stowed at Patricia's house. Just dandy.
This week should be great! Nothing too much out of the ordinary going on, so hopefully we're able to find some more success this week. I truly love this area, and all the people in it. They are amazing! And it's such a pleasure to serve with them. I miss y'all so much! I appreciate any and all letters, trinkets, and pictures. ;) I love you! I'm doing great! Y'all are always in my prayers! Even though it's hard, it's worth it. 

Love,
Sister Adams
Temple trip!
District Meeting on Halloween
This is how we plan!!
Who are these crazy girls!
All is good here in Gilbert, AZ
We did not do it!

Scorpions glow in the dark!! Who knew!




No comments:

Post a Comment