Tuesday, November 26, 2013

HOLA                                            November 11,2013

Well, the time has come. I'm leaving the area. It's super sad to think that all of these wonderful people that I've gotten to know in the past 5 months, I now have to say goodbye too. I just love everyone here. But I guess there are other people in some unknown area that I'm supposed to touch in one way or another. It should be interesting to see who my new companion is and where I will be at, for at least 5 weeks. This next transfer is short, and the next one is 7 weeks. Due to Christmas and such.  But, my week has been really good. Can't really complain too much. 
Last Monday, we finally got to go to DownEast to exchange some of my birthday clothes, so I've gotten to wear a couple new outfits which has been oh so refreshing! I managed to get two skirts which are like perfect. I wish I could have one in every color. And a blouse and a necklace. I've also been wearing red and black on Saturday's. GO DAWGS! Aside from this past Saturday, it sounds like they're struggling!
This week, I had to eat some gross food. Clam Chowder and a ham sandwich. Taylor will get a kick out of the clam chowder eating. One family as we were leaving wanted to give us some candy, however they know I love barbecue. So they gave Sister Ayers candy and me a bag of pulled pork and some BBQ sauce. There's nothing quite like Southern BBQ. Like not even close! 
We also had exchanges this week. So a Sister Training Leader came and spend the day with us. It was pretty fun. I think she's a little trunky since she goes home in December. We did a huge chalk drawing of the Plan of Salvation in a park, my idea. That say we also talked to a man in a bee keeper suit. That was a pretty easy conversation to start.haha. And our main focus as a mission is using the Gilbert Temple as a finding tool. So we just talk about it with everyone. Even people who are a little standoff ish at first warm up to the idea of a video presentation about the temple. We showed one lady yesterday, and she was in tears as the video ended and we bore testimony. She said she would think about meeting with us again, and let the member who's home we were at know. It was cool to see her feel the spirit of the temple. It truly is the Lord's House. 
We're still teaching Jenny, the ex-communicated member. She's the sweetest. A little coo-coo but super sweet. And she's going through a lot right now. She's sending off a letter to the First Presidency for permission to get re-baptized. She already has the program laid out and everything. She wanted me to talk, but I won't be here...whenever it is. 
Chalk ART!!

Art work Glorifying God- AWESOMENESS!!




Same goes for Carolyn, I won't be in the area when she is baptized. So it's kinda sad. But hopefully we'll be able to find some success in the area that I will be serving in.
We did actually two POS chalk drawings and literally right after finishing one of them we get a text from our zone leaders that says, "By request of the mission, please cease all chalk drawings and erase any previously done." Awesome. 
We didn't get a chance to until the next morning but we had told a member about it, well a few. And one went running with a friend past the drawings and they had an hour discussion about the Plan of Salvation! And she is interested in learing more! Sweet! So at least our time spent doing that was productive...and fun! 
We also taught Bailey and Noah some of the new member lessons. And helped Bailey do some family history to find names to take to do baptisms for! So that's pretty exciting! We also taught Makylee, the 9 year old. She is ready to be baptized, but her divorced parents are finding about when and where to have it. So sad. 
While following Sister Holcomb and her companion to take their car to get fixed we got way lost. We were driving around basically the entire mission.haha. At one red light, Sister Holcomb mouthed to me in the rear view mirror if we were still in the mission boundaries.haha. We got a bit of a mission tour to say the least. And it turns out the Ford delarship was only 10 minutes away. But we treated ourself to Chick-fil-A for our troubles!ha. It was quite the adventure. 
Other tidbits, two people asked if I have lost weight? Not really sure how that would even be possible with the amount of food that is shoved down our face. Also, more people have been commenting on my accent lately. So luckily I still have at least a little bit. 
But I am doing well. It's amazing to get to be a part of some many different peoples lifes. And to hear all their stories. I know that God loves them all the same, and it's our job as missionaries to be able to share His love with them. How hard it would be to not have the knowledge that I have. That I know my Savior and Heavenly Father loves me. That He has a plan for me. That I can be with my family forever. That Christ's atonement makes up all of our weaknesses, as long as we rely on Him. The message of the Gospel is LOVE. All you need is love. 
Well, sorry that my letters are so choppy and probably make no sense. It's so stressful to write emails. But thanks for all that you do for me! I love y'all! 

Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment