Wednesday, July 24, 2013



I am a Trainer after Three Weeks.. CRAZY!!!                                         July 15, 2013


So this week has been pretty good. My new companion/greenie/trainee is Sister Ayers. She's from Lehi, Utah. She's 19 and went to UVU for nursing this past year. She is really sweet. We don't have all too much in common but we get along. She's very very cautious…about everything. Like there was a dust storm warning and she was so uncomfortable we had to go inside for an hour. I wanted to go find the Haboob, thats what they call the huge dust storms. Anyway, training has been going pretty good. It's weird being the one in charge and that has to do a large majority of the talking and teaching. Since I barely got to teach when Sister Holcomb was here. 
The second day Sister Ayers was here we had 0 appointments and just did tons of contacting. Which is basically knocking on peoples doors to see if they're still interested in learning more because they've talked to missionaries before. NOBODY answered the door.haha. Gosh, missionary work is just so awesome some days. That was a discouraging day, especially since it was my first full day training. But we were working hard and doing al that we could. Sister Ayers is super shy with talking to people, especially on the street. And we're supposed to talk to everyone. So I've been encouraging her to talk to people so it's getting a little better. I hate OYM'ing but I gained a real testimony of talking to everyone this week. On Friday we were walking through some apartment complex and there was a man standing there smoking. I asked Sister Ayers to talk to him, after saying no, I did. His name is Dave and he is the sweetest man. He said he had been wanting to check out the LDS church. And we taught him a little about the Book Of Mormon and gave him one. We got his information, and found out he lives in Chandler, which is way out of our mission. I was so bummed. Because he was so grateful and excited about church. On Saturday he called to figure out what church he should go to and talked about how nobody is ever nice to him or talks to him. And just how much it meant that we gave him The Book of Mormon. He said he just wrapped his arms around it. He's the sweetest. He actually showed up to church in one of my wards, and talked about how he passed a bunch on his way here but knew that we would be here.ha. So our zone leaders might let us teach him since he's already comfortable with us and the ward…but we'll see I guess. He's the sweetest. 
We also taught a lesson with a lady named Lisa, a friend of a members. She goes to this crazy intense non-denominational church that seizes and faints and talks in tongues and such. So it was hard to explain the spirit to her because her view was so different. She had tons of questions and at points it just felt like she was just quizzing us. She also has had a terrible terrible terrible life. Like the worst childhood you could probably think of. But I don't know, I KNOW she felt the spirt, and she even told her friend…but is just denying what she feels. Which lots of people do. But hopefully we'll get to teach her again. 
We also started teaching Steve, he is engaged to a member. He was super open and accepting. He didn't have too many questions. Just said that everything makes sense. We taught him the first lesson yesterday. And invited him to be baptized, he said yes. But that will be some time in August. He's super outdoorsy and bear hunting is his specialty…he's like famous for it here in Arizona. I didn't even know there were bears here. Whoops.
Sometimes I feel bad when I'm biking and look behind me to see Sister Ayers like 40 yards behind me. I don't realize that she's that far back. So going to places is a little slower now. I've realized in the past week that I will be learning lots of patience. Like lots. 
I made a list of what I wanted to include in my email but forgot it…typical. I like your hair cut though! It looks good! Seems like all is well on Adams Hill. Anything new on Josh? 
Friday we had a new trainers training meeting…and we missed the first MONSOON! I was so bummed because I didn't get any sweet pictures. But President Nattress just talked about how much trust both he and the Lord has to call trainers at 3 weeks.  There were only a couple other sisters that came out with me that are training. It was good to see most of the sisters in my MTC district though. Sister Eldredge came and was telling me how I was the best companion…apparently her trainer puts her in time out.hahahaha. Funniest thing I've ever heard. But I don't have too much time and I can't think of what else I was gonna include. But I will write you a letter today! I love you mom! Thanks for all that you do for me! 


Sister Adams  :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment