Wednesday, July 24, 2013



HABOOB!!                                                                                    Week of July 22, 2013

So this past week has been pretty solid. Well, actually most of the week was pretty discouraging. ALL the appointments we had Seriously, all of them. Not that we had too many set up but still. Plus, 90% of people leave Arizona in July and so everyone we try to contact isn't home or they don't answer the door for us. Story of my life for the past five weeks. And all week, everyday I was just praying as we were going around to just find people to teach. That's all I wanted...people to teach. And at church on Sunday I checked the phone and we had gotten 2 referrals from Mormon.org. So we have appointments with them this week! And a less active wants his daughter to be baptized, who is 9, so that counts as a convert baptism and we get to teach her. We also recieved another referrall from someone who wants to start taking the lessons. Seriously, so many people who now want or need to take the missionary lessons just fell out of the sky. I was in such shock. All of the sudden people want to talk to us.ha. Crazzy. But it's super exciting, and hopefully teaching them all goes well! Although, Sunday morning didn't start out so well. I got pooped on by a bird. No joke. Stupid pigeons. On my nice blouse. Didn't see it until we walked into church. Awesome.  Also, at church the bishop had us introduce ourselves in Elders Quorum. Felt a little out of place in there, but luckily we didn't stay for too long. 
    Our investigator, Steve, is doing awesome! We taught him the Plan of Salvation. It's still odd being the main one talking...because Sister Ayers will say like one sentence and then look at me. But she's improving so much and has a big heart. She's doing well. Just have to get her to talk more! She also told me that my strength was talking to people. I'm not lying, mom. I thought you would get a kick outta that! I also have to talk on the phone a lot. It's the most annoying thing ever. I hate the phone. Hate, hate, hate, double hate, loath entirely. 
   Also, we ate two nights in a row at the Allen family house. They are awesome. The dad is one of the bishops and they have a son and daughter on a mission right now. Their son is in Ghana and left about the same time as me. Their daughter is going to Brazil and just got to the MTC a couple weeks ago. They also have a daughter, Cassie, who is 15 and she reminds me so much on Delaney! We've gotten pretty close. The first time I met her she asked if I had a boyfriend and Sister Holcomb says yes so she alway's asks to see pictures of Dallan. And if he's wrote me.ha. She's really fun. Her and Delaney would get along really well too! Their youngest son is Cole. He's the CUTEST! He asked me one day if he could stare into my eyes, and then if he could see my smile then hear my laugh.haha. He's 4. And makes me laugh so much. He even asked if we could spend the night.  Unfortunately, we only get an hour for supper so we don't get to stay long at all. But they take good care of us, as everyone does.
    There was also a haboob and monsoon this week. I will attach pictures. Sister Ayers was scared and called me crazy for going outside but that's just the way it had to be. 
I've also become an expert at riding my bike with no hands, I can go around turns and everything. Pretty impressive I know. I'm also getting a pretty sick foot tan, which I would be okay with except for the fact that my toes are white while the rest of my foot is tan. So awkward. 
One family we had dinner with the husband is from Mexico and the wife is white but served in Brazil...and she thinks she's hispanic. They talked in spanish like half the time we were there. Then she started talking about "white girls" and I was starting to wonder if she'd looked in the mirror recently. White as snow. 
Well I hope all is good on Adams Hill! I love you! And I'm doing well! 

Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment